Warning: Wrong parameter count for str_replace() in /home6/chaneste/public_html/pokerincomeguide.com/forums/includes/functions_vbseo.php on line 3828
What is proper poker etiquette for a friendly home game when someone leaves early? - Poker Bonus Forums
Poker Bonus Forums  

Go Back   Poker Bonus Forums > General Poker Discussion

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 01:45 PM

Default What is proper poker etiquette for a friendly home game when someone leaves early?

If in a friendly poker game a person leaves early, should he be allowed to let one of the previously knocked out players play for him? This recently happened and there was disagreement among the remaining players about whether or not this was acceptable.The poker game was set up so that each player paid in $10 and the winner got $60, second place got $20, and 3rd place got his $10 back. It was essentially known the person would have to leave early ahead of time, giving him no real chance of winning and at the time he was one of the lower stacks.I guess what I'm asking is which side of the argument would you be on. Do you think the other person should be allowed to play or something else should happen to the chips?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 PM

if yous are all mates i see no problem with it but normally once your out thats finalthere isnt really proper etiquette for friendly home games
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 AM

This would be something private among friends. It should have been decided ahead of time to eliminate the argument that occurred later. It does not seem to make much sense to play if there is no chance to win. He could have hung around without playing.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 PM

i wouldn't want someone playing for him. Give him half his money back and call it good.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:43 PM

stack stands //an calls all // bets blind minimal/ blind luck has a fair reputation